The San Diego County Air Pollution Control District is currently accepting applications for projects to be funded under the Carl Moyer Memorial Air Quality Standards Attainment Program (Carl Moyer Program), including Voucher Incentive Program (VIP) projects.
Carl Moyer Program
The purpose of the Carl Moyer Program is to obtain voluntary emission reductions from heavy-duty diesel engines through the use of incentive funding. A total of approximately $1.4 million is currently available to owners of eligible commercial vehicles and equipment that include: heavy-duty diesel trucks, marine vessels, locomotives, agricultural and off-road equipment.
Carl Moyer Program funding is available for potential projects including:
- Equipment Replacements – The replacement of existing equipment/vehicles with new, emission certified equipment/vehicles.
- Engine Repowers – The replacement of an existing engine with a new, emission certified engine.
- Engine Retrofits – The installation of a verified emission control system on an existing engine.
- New Purchases – The purchase of new vehicles or equipment certified to optional, lower emission standards
For more detailed information on the Carl Moyer Program, including the Program Guidelines, please visit the California Air Resources Board’s website at: http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/moyer/moyer.htm.
Voucher Incentive Program
The VIP provides funding opportunities for small fleets (10 or fewer vehicles) to quickly replace or retrofit their older on-road heavy-duty diesel vehicles.
- Truck replacement grants range from $10,000 to $45,000
- Truck retrofit grants range from $5,000 to $10,000
Contact a local VIP Participating dealership now for application forms and more information! A list of local participating dealerships and retrofit installers is available on the San Diego County Air Pollution Control District’s website at: http://www.sdapcd.org/homepage/grants/grants.html.
ACT NOW!!! Complete and eligible Carl Moyer and VIP applications will be approved on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted.
E–mail email@example.com with any questions.
Visit The APCD website at http://www.sdapcd.org/homepage/grants/grants.html for more information on funding amounts, project eligibility, application process and forms.