Zero net energy (ZNE) buildings use only as much energy as is produced onsite through renewable resources. The number of ZNE building projects in the U.S. has more than doubled since 2012, with a total of 160 buildings in North America. In California ZNE buildings are gaining momentum and local governments are positioned to drive this transformation.
Monday November 3, 2014, the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) is sponsoring a workshop for local governments and interested parties to learn how to help meet California’s goals for ZNE buildings.
ZNE for Local Governments Workshop
Developing your ZNE Plans & Policies
Who should attend? Local government planning, facilities and building staff, architects, utilities and consultants to local government.
Program Details. This highly interactive workshop is designed to help attendees develop strategies that will lead to successful ZNE projects and policies. Workshop participants will:
- Gain knowledge about research on zero energy buildings, market trends and California’s goals for these extremely energy-efficient structures.
- Hear about a new ZNE Roadmap tool with best practice actions for local governments from the Center for Sustainable Energy.
- Learn about innovative case studies of projects achieving zero net energy performance.
- Discuss creative financing and planning strategies.
- Gain tools and support to help advance your zero net energy policies, programs or projects.
- Connect and share information with peers.
- Tour the ZNE-designed Venter Building, targeting to be the first ZNE lab in the world.
The Workshop is followed by an optional building tour of the J. Craig Venter Institute (JCVI) at 3 p.m. Complimentary shuttle service will be provided (parking at JCVI is limited). We will return to the Energy Innovation Center by 5 p.m.
WHEN: Monday, November 3 | Workshop from 10 am – 2:30 p.m.
JCVI Tour begins at 3 p.m.
WHERE: Energy Innovation Center, San Diego
COST: $40 per person, includes lunch
Questions? Please contact Connie Umphress, email@example.com; 360-567-0950 ext. 114