Plug-in. Save money. Drive electric.
Plug-In Electric Vehicle Benefits
There are many benefits to driving a plug-in electric vehicle (PEV). These include:
- Incentives available – rebates, tax credits and HOV access – see energycenter.org/ev for more information on the incentives available for PEV owners
- Fun driving experience
- Low fuel and maintenance costs
- Minimal environmental impacts
- Reduced dependence on imported oil
- Different sizes and ranges to meet your needs
There are many resources available to learn more about PEVs and their benefits.
- Check the state of California’s PEV website here: Driveclean.ca.gov/PEV
- Also see goelectricdrive.com, an independent information hub about plug-in electric vehicles.
- San Diego Regional Clean Cities – Information on PEVs and PHEVs on the SD Clean Cities PEV/Hybrid page.
- Department of Energy – Alternative Fueling Station Locator: afdc.energy.gov/locator/stations
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Vehicles & Fuels Research – EV vehicle and charging information: nrel.gov/vehiclesandfuels
- California PEV Collaborative – A resource for statewide activities, tools, resources and information: pevcollaborative.org
Charging at Home – SDG&E can help get lowest rates
It matters when you charge your plug-in electric vehicle. SDG&E has EV rates that will help you pay the lowest price for your EV fuel, when you charge between midnight and 5am. These EV time-of-use rates can help you save money when you charge during “off-peak” and “super off-peak” hours. Visit sdge.com/EV for more information.
SANDAG facilitating EV charging infrastructure
The San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) is the 18 cities and county government and serves as a forum for regional decision-making and the region’s planning and transportation policy.
SANDAG is helping to facilitate EV charging and to resolve barriers to EV charger installations through the San Diego Regional EV Infrastructure (REVI) Working Group. Learn more about this effort at energycenter.org/pluginready. From REVI, SANDAG and the Center for Sustainable Energy have completed the San Diego Regional Plug-In Electric Vehicle (PEV) Readiness Plan.